Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Amazing Race 2007 -- Leg 1 Côte d’Azur

I arrived in Nice the night of Friday May 18th. Ming was already there since he arrived two days before I did. From 19th-21th we drove from Nice through Cannes (right when the 60th Cannes Film Festival was going on), Grasse (European perfume capital), Toulon(the famous military port in France) and Marseille (with special highlight in tasting bouillabaisse).










Salad Nicoise & fried smelt (left) Nice Fish Soup (right)
The 60th Cannes Film Festival. And after 1 hour wait, I finally captured a red carpet moment! Hey I think I know one of the actors in that picture. He's a famous movie star from Taiwan and is a lead charater in this Korean film.






Grasse, visiting the Fragonard Perfume Factory. (all right, trust me, that is not an alien base!, it was just an antique equipment on display, something that they used to use to extract the essence out of flowers)






Marseilles Sea Port (left), and the famous bouillabaisse (right), which took a good 2 hours to cook!! At the price of 35 euros per person and 2 persons minumum, it "uh.....starts to be good", the lady at the Tourist Office who recommended the restaurant to us said. It indeed was very tasty, as long as I could avoid the fish's eye! ;) After the soup was done, fish were separated out to be presented to the guests.

No comments: